13 September 2008

Saying only what needs to be said

Sometimes I forget that I don't always need to talk to somebody about what I am dealing with in my life.There are some things, some people, some topics, some situations that I ought to keep between me and the Lord.
There are times when I hurt so bad tht I forget that telling other people about my pain will only make matters worse.
I am in the middle of that kind of situation right now. There is a person I love deeply whose life is in shambles at the moment. They are at an ultimate low. They are emotionally, physically, spiritually, mentally, and financially exhausted. Much of this destruction has been at their own hands, but the time has come to pay the piper for playing the music.
For reasons beyond my comprehension, I am in the middle of all of this. My friend has opened up and shared all of this with me and I feel responsible to offer help. I don't know what kind of help to offer.
I am in so much turmoil over this person I don't even know where to turn. I hurt for my friend. I hurt because I see the pain they are in and I have no idea how to help them. I have no idea how to give them comfort and hope for facing a new day.
If any of you reading this know how to pray. Pray for me and pray harder for my friend. The situation we face will only be changed at the hands of our merciful, mighty, loving, and Almighty God.

1 comment:

Rita said...

Don't get yourself hurt in the process. I understand wanting to help, but there's only so much you can do.